60 Minutes $120 • 90 Minutes $170
During our deep tissue massage, your therapist will use hands, forearms, and fingertips to locate and loosen adhesions, which are points of tension or “knots” in your muscles. Deep tissue work is helpful for chronic muscle pain or tension, to aid in injury recovery, reduce scar tissue in muscles, and improve postural conditions. Deep tissue massage allows for more focused work, and stronger pressure can address deeper tissues and structures. Some people perceive deeper work as more intense, so it’s important to feel comfortable vocalizing how you feel about the pressure feels during a session. When your therapist warms you up properly, you shouldn’t feel any soreness or discomfort after your session – expect to leave feeling much lighter, looser and more relaxed.
How to prepare for your Deep Tissue massage session:
- Drink plenty of water before and after your massage
- Come in feeling comfortable – eat healthfully on the day of your appointment
- Arrive ten minutes early, so you have time to relax and discuss with your therapist any goals you have for the session (for example, greater flexibility, less tension, headache relief) and specify areas you’d like to focus on.
- Let your therapist know about any medical conditions, or anything you feel is important to the session, and feel free to ask questions.
- Insurance-friendly receipts are available upon request. Check your eligibility with your insurance provider.