60 Minutes $120 • 90 Minutes $170
Swedish Massage is deeply relaxing and enjoyable. It is used to relieve tension and stress, to treat headaches and muscle pain, and improve overall wellness. It is comprised of long gliding strokes as well as kneading and friction. After warming up the muscles, your therapist will use deeper strokes, applying relaxing pressure to improve circulation, and alleviate tension in the underlying tissue. This massage gently separates points of adhesion (knots). This is a great introduction to massage therapy if it’s your first session.
How to prepare for your Swedish Massage session:
- Drink plenty of water before and after your massage
- Come in feeling comfortable – eat healthfully on the day of your appointment
- Arrive ten minutes early, so you have time to relax and discuss with your therapist any goals you have for the session (for example, greater flexibility, less tension, headache relief) and specify areas you’d like to focus on.
- Let your therapist know about any medical conditions, or anything you feel is important to the session, and feel free to ask questions.
- Insurance-friendly receipts are available upon request. Check your eligibility with your insurance provider.